Salt Lake City’s Reliable Cedar Roofing Company
Cedar shingles are a beautiful addition to any home and have been used as a durable roof covering for centuries. Although the cost of cedar wood shingles and cedar wood shakes is considerably higher than the cost of asphalt shingles, many customers are willing to pay for the rustic, warm and distinctive look of this type of roof.
At Olympus Roofing, we offer specially treated wood products with increased fire resistance for Salt Lake City homes. If a cedar wood shingle or cedar wood shake roof is what you are looking for, we can make your roof an object of beauty with natural wood roofing products.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation and get a free estimate! We are also experts in asphalt shingle roofing and metal roofing.
Types of Cedar Roofs Roofs We Install
The beautiful appearance of a cedar-clad roof is sure to increase the value of any property. Naturally insulating, cedar roofs provide almost twice the insulation as asphalt shingles. Lasting around 20-30 years, cedar roofs only get better with age, slowly changing into beautiful grayish-silver tones. Cedar roofs have been around for hundreds of years and will be around for hundreds more.
Cedar Shingle Roofing
Cedar shingles are different in that they are sawed on each side. This cutting method makes them more uniform in appearance, but it leaves cross-grain saw marks. They’re a less expensive alternative to cedar shakes and provide a consistent look to your roof.
Cedar Shake Roofing
Cedar shakes have all the advantages of cedar shingles but are for those looking for a more rustic look. Unlike shingles, which are cut to look the same, every shake is unique—making your building look like it stood the test of time for the last 60 years and plans to last 60 more.
Need help deciding whether you should use cedar shake or cedar shingles? Call our experienced team today.
The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Eco-Friendly: Cedar roofing material is not only 100% biodegradable and friendly to Mother Earth, but it is also incredibly energy-efficient. It insulates your home while still allowing it to breathe, which saves on heating and cooling costs.
- Insulation: Cedar offers natural energy efficiency up to two times more insulating than asphalt. Saving you money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Beauty: Cedar roofs are like no other. They add charm to your home that is otherwise impossible to achieve.
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- Maintenance: Cedar roofs probably have the most maintenance required from all roofing materials.
- Longevity: Cedar does not maintain its structural integrity like metal, slate, or tile. If you’re planning on living in your home for more than 20 years, you most likely will have to completely replace your cedar roof.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new cedar roof in Salt Lake City?
What is it made from?
Does it cost more than regular asphalt shingles?
What is the average lifespan of a cedar roof?
Olympus Roofing has worked on many cedar roofs throughout Salt Lake City. From repairing a cedar roof to installing a brand new one, we can do it all. We know that every home is unique and will work with you to make choices that best fit your vision. If it is time for a new roof, give Salt Lake City’s recommended roofing contractor a call today to learn more about the cedar roof options we have for you!