Salt Lake City’s Leading Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractor
Asphalt shingles are the most popular and common roofing material because they are very economical and are available in a wide range of styles and colors. Most asphalt shingles are made with a reinforced fiberglass mat covered with adhesive asphalt and ceramic granules.
Recognized as a roofing company Salt Lake City residents can trust, Olympus Roofing welcomes the opportunity to show you samples of asphalt shingles that are available from the nation’s leading manufacturers. We are a roofing company you can depend on for expert installation and roofing repair for asphalt shingles roofs.
Call us today at(801) 887-7663 to schedule a free consultation and estimate for your next asphalt shingle roof!
Brands We Work With
We are proud to be an Owens Corning Preferred roofing company. Owens Corning is one of the top manufacturers of roofing products. Our certification means that our team continues to stay up-to-date with industry standards and are always in the know about the latest products.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
3-tab shingles are named for their three asphalt tabs. They’re easy to install for roofers, and the pattern is always identical. These types of shingles are also affordable compared to other shingles. You can them to last about 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
Architectural shingles offer versatility in size and shape, making any home look luxurious. They are made to look like some of your more expensive custom roofs, such as cedar or slate, but at a fraction of the cost. In addition, architectural shingles are built for the toughest climates!
Premium Asphalt Shingles
Premium/luxury asphalt shingles are usually heavier, will last longer, and are more wind resistant than less expensive asphalt shingles. If you are looking to put that finishing touch on a home or building that looks expensive and attractive, premium shingles are the way to go.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Price: Asphalt roofs are perhaps the most affordable choice for homeowners regarding quality and durability. This makes asphalt shingles an easy choice for everyone who needs a roof.
- Different styles: Asphalt can be made to look like much more extensive materials and come in various colors. Regardless of the style of your home, there is an asphalt shingle to match it.
- Installation: Asphalt is lightweight and does not require a reinforced structure, making it far easier to install than materials like slate or tile. A ladder, a nail gun, and a seasoned roofing crew are all you need to install an asphalt roof quickly.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Cracks: High-temperature fluctuations can cause asphalt shingles to expand and contract, often leading to cracks. These cracked shingles will have to be replaced so that water does not penetrate your home.
- High Winds: Asphalt shingles can be more vulnerable to wind damage, especially three-tab shingles.
Shingle Roof FAQs